Even though AOL Desktop Gold Is one of the top-notch software providing its operators with a varied arena of advantages, but still it can also be inhibited with some kind of errors, that can lead to tampering with the process. The errors in the software can occur due to innumerable reasons, and one should know the exact reason behind that in the case to rectify that. Sometimes individuals ignore the symptoms behind the issue, and later it becomes quite troublesome for them to repair it on their own. If this kind of case happens, and no further solution is possible then the last resort you can take is to dial the customer care number, so that you provided with technical aid.
One of the errors that can display during the working process of this software is AOL Desktop Gold Error 104. Let’s first understand what this error is all about, how is it caused and the solution to rectify it. It is an error that causes the problem when you try to Reinstall AOL Desktop Gold on your system and it can slow down the system or make it stop in between because of some kind of virus or malware inflicted into the software.
Let’s look at the possible symptoms that can lead to this error:
1. While working on your system, the error 104 is displayed on the window screen every now and then.
2. Your system becomes slower or hangs in between or suddenly crashes down
3. You are taken to a different web browser automatically even if you do not intend to do so.
4. The system doesn’t take any commands from the keyboard or the mouse.
Once we have seen the plausible symptoms, it’s time to check out the causes:
1. The software that you have downloaded is corrupt.
2. Incomplete installation process.
3. The system being inflicted by some sort of malware or virus
4. The rectification of this technical error can take away a lot of your time, so you need to be patient with it.
Follow the steps to get rid of this error in a couple of minutes:
1. Run a complete anti-virus scan of your laptop or your computer so that it can detect itself for any kind of virus or malware. Once the scanning is done, your system will display any kind of malicious content found, that was posing a threat. Select it and click on Delete.
2. Make sure that you have the proper system requirements needed for the AOL desktop gold software.
3. Fast and stable internet connection.
4. Clear all the caches, cookies and other browsing data from your laptop or computer. Delete all the junk files that are no longer in use.
5. Update your system driver
6. Update your windows once.
The requirements are:
1. Windows system 7, 8, 8.1 or 10 your operating windows system
2. At least 1 GB RAM speed, and a processor running faster than 266 MHZ speed.
3. Disk space of more than 512 MB
Rectifying this error can be a time-consuming process. It might be a possibility that you would be required to reinstall the AOL Desktop Gold software on your system. If you are not able to fix this issue anyhow, then it is suggested that you dial the customer support number and discuss your issues with them, so that they can help you with the solution